What sets EUMEDCONNECT3 apart from other networks?
Benefits for researchers
- High-capacity, congestion-free international bandwidth for academic and scientific collaborations accessed via national NREN partners.
- Direct connection to the European research and education community with access to over 40 million users.
- No EUMEDCONNECT3 usage charges.
Benefits for NREN partners
- EC funding support for beneficiary countries.
- Connectivity provided and managed by GÉANT (formerly DANTE) at best rates.
- Human capacity building of NREN engineers.
- Expertise of GÉANT, ASREN and European NREN partners.
Benefits for the region
- Supports applications with high societal impact, such as e-health and e-learning.
- Drives research to tackle regional problems, such as desertification, water shortage and sustainable farming.
- Bridges the digital divide and fights brain drain.
- Creates more competitive markets.
- Fosters social cohesion and development.
- Provides the foundation for a wider pan-Arab research and education network (ASREN).